If you are a worried mother and every morning just think that what you should feed your kid which should consume little time and have more nutrition, that this dish is your answer. You can Add, subtract and substitute ingredients as you and your little tykes like.
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Black pepper, coarsely grounded
- 1 ¼ cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped and pitted kalamata olives
- 3 ounces smoked deli-shaved turkey breast, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3-4 thin slices red onion
- 2 ounces crumbled ricotta salata or feta cheese
- Cook tortellini in a large pot of salted water, according to the direction behind the package.
- Drain the water when fully cooked
- Rinse under cold water and than drain again
- Transfer it to a larger bowl
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, thyme, sugar and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over pasta and toss well
- Add tomatoes, olives, turkey, onion, cheese and additional black pepper.
- Toss the mixture again.
Serve your child and see how he enjoys it.