Mango pickle is an Indian pickle recipe. It is the most popular pickle in Indian cuisine and is served as a condiment. It adds own flavor and tastes in the good. However, homemade mango pickles are very common among the Indians especially who are living in rural areas or small town. It is very easy to make at home without using any heavy machines or techniques. It can be easily prepared by using kitchen ingredients.
- 3 Raw Mangoes (medium sized)
- 4 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 2tsp brown cardamom seeds
- 4 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 3 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds (roasted)
- 200 ml Sesame Oil
- Wipe and clean the Dry mangoes.
- Cut them into halves along with the seeds.
- Remove the pulp from the seed.
- Dice or chop the mangoes ensuring that the hard shell is there in each piece inside.
- Next, heat the 1 tbsp sesame oil, splutter curry leaves, mustard and brown cardamom seeds.
- Add salt, red chilly powder and fenugreek powder.
- Remove them from the oil.
- Then, add the entire mixture into the mango pieces and mix them well.
- After mixing, turn the mango pickle into a sterilized jar and cover with a clean cloth
- Put the Jar in sunlight at least for 5-6 days
- Add shake the jar at least once in a day.
- Mango pickle is ready to serve and eat.